Thursday, October 1, 2015

Semana 3: DUH DUH DUHHHHH!!!!!! Proseletismo!!!!!

SO This week was full of ups and downs but over all it was a good week! 
So I have my new companions and they are super nice! The whole first day i twas told that i was to show them arround the CCM and help them get used to it. You know tell them encouraging comments and help them.
I dont know if i said their names but one is Hermana Hunsaker from Twin Falls, Id and Hermana Loveall is from Maricopa, AZ. The 2nd night here we were talking out in the hall and she started to cry and say that she was super overwhelmed and that she didnt feel like she was gonna learn the language fast enough. AND I GAVE HER ADVICE!!!!! It was super surreal.... I was all like you can do it and that its ok!  Weird..... haha I was told this week that I am just their companion and im supposed to guide them on how to teach a lesson. I was told my one of my teachers that they all know that im really good at teaching in the practice teaching and that i now need ot work on my spanish and learning more words! so My job for the next few weeks is to teach the new hermanas how to follow the spirit durring a lesson and how to utilize the things that they have given us to help us teach lessons. 

So On saturday we went to Proselitismo! I was beyond terrified! I was paired with 2 Hermanas out in the field. They told me that one was american and the other was brazilian.... they were wrong....
One was Brazilian and the other was Columbian. So they didnt speak any english... I thought I knew alot of Spanish..... NOPE! hahaha! so it was quiet sometimes but it was fun! 
So first went to the local church building and did companionship study and then we walked to a members home where they served us the best lunch ever! It was ravioli and then for dessert was homemade flan!!!!! SOOOOO GOOODDD!!!!!!!!! After that the Sister drove us to their apartment where I met the other Hermanas that lived in the Apt next to them! they were so nice and funny haha! Then we all walked to the train and me and my companions took the train to the next stop and walked to the next apointment. We were meeting with Carmen and Pedro. They have 2 boys. The youngest one is the cutest kid EVER! he had a constant smile on his face! SOOO CUTEE!!!!
They lived in a shack. Pedro had holes in his clothes and had flees because of the 2 dogs they had. But Carmen was so interested in the gospel. They both cant wait to get married and then get baptised. In Argentina, they have to wait for the government to say they can get married. And that can take a while, but they are so excited to be baptized! They took pictures of me haha! Even though i could barely understand them, I said my testimony about the LDM in the little spanish I knew. It was really cool.
After that we went to the church building that we went to before to go to the bathroon and stuff and while we were there, i met some youngwomen doing a little project there! So it was fun to talk to them haha! Then we walked to the train station where i was gonna be picked up by the shuttle that was gonna take us all to the CCM. They were on the shuttle with me until we picked up the rest of my district who were at the next stop.  OH! Sorry i didnt say their names! Hma. Gaviria is from Columbia *she gave me a note and bought me candy* and then the other was Hma. Salino! They were super nice and im so happy i got to meet them! 
Our district was proseliting in Merlo in the Buenos Aires Oeste Mission. 

After I got on the shuttle, i realized that i had major culture shock. You know you see things in pictures and your like oh ya thats how they live but when you are actually in the country, you realize how nice we have it in America! 

The Elders in my district were super jealous of my experience because they wanted to do what i did and i wanted to experience talking to people and getting references and contacts with people on the street like they did haha! But looking back on it im so glad that i did go with the sisters! I met missionaries in Buenos Aires and learn from them! 

So you know how i was sick.... well ya i got my teachers sick.... I feel so bad..... hahaha!
Oh! Im like the translator in my room fo rthe Brazilians and the American Sisters..... a bad one.... but i am haha! ITs kinda wierd again! I feel like i keep saying weird alot.... hahaha!

Oh because this sat is General Conference we dont go to Proseletismo. sad. 
And in South America they FAST ON THE SUNDAY OF GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!!
So all of us Americans are having a hard time with the fact that we dont get to snuggle in our Pjs and eat pancakes for breakfast haha! 

So that was my week so far! OH! I found out that today was the last time we were able to go through the temple! They are closing it for cleaning for the next 2 weeks! Im so sad!!!!!!! But then its weird that i wont be here in 2.5 weeks..................

Well Love ya guys!!!!

Hermana Breon

p.s. im so sorry if my spelling in my letters is really bad.... i just dont have time to fix it.....haha






No comments:

Post a Comment